Paper Moon Cafe, Uptown Place Mall BGC

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Paper Moon Matcha Mille Crepe 
Exquisite Papermoon Mille Crepe Meets Matcha Heaven! 
I have been craving to taste this famous Matcha Mille Crepe for a long time now. It's been being raved a lot by foodie friends so after the quick rendezvous at Morganfield's I dragged my newly found friend Norman to have our dessert here. 
Paper Moon Cafe is located at the 2nd Floor of Uptown Mall. The store can cater up to 20 people or less. The ambiance is cozy and is a good place to have chit-chats and spend afternoon siesta.
Paper Moon Cafe

Paper Moon Cafe
It's a no brainer that I will be ordering their Matcha Mille Crepe cause it's the talk of the town lately I knew I just had to try it!
Subtly sweet, creamy and fine green tea powder infused in every delicate paper-thin layer of no less than 20 crepes, topped with pure matcha. The Matcha Mille Crepe is priced P225 per slice and P2000 for the whole order.
First impression: It looks pretty, delicate and fancy. It didn't taste bad but it didn't taste so good to be worth the hype at all and it's quite costly.
Matcha Mille Crepe P225 / Slice
I'm a fan of anything with Matcha so I was really looking for the strong Matcha taste but then I got upset cause I was only able to taste it a little on the powder. Maybe because it was so light and creamy and the only distinct taste would be the cream. I appreciate it being subtle and light but I was looking for MORE. It didn't give me the Matcha sparks I was looking for.
Anyway, I still liked it but I didn't love it. I may come back for it but only if I need something light for a dessert.



To add to that my friend Norman tried the Checkered Cake which is P250 per slice. It's a vanilla chocolate chiffon cake covered with a chocolate ganache in checkered style. Honestly, we were both disappointed with this cake. Probably because we're both not fan of chiffon cakes and it tasted quite blunt. I tlooked fancy but that's it! It's moist but I really can't find the exact words to describe how it tasted cause it was so light and airy. 

Checkered Cake P225 / Slice
Overall, I can say this is a not so good first experience with Papermoon Cafe cause I was expecting it would be so extravagant due to the hype it's getting. Maybe I should try their Chocolate Mille Crepe instead next time which is another favourite by many?

SPECIAL NOTE: I just realized this might be a good cafe for the adults/ elderly/ Titas of Manila/ and the like because the cake is not too sweet which tastes good paired with coffee or tea, one can definitely eat 1 whole slice of it without feeling too much!



Will I go back regardless how my first experience went? Maybe, yes. I would probably try other flavours which might suit my palate better. :) 
Macarons


PAPER MOON CAFE

Paper Moon Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento

Popular Posts

Like my Page

Zomato

View my food journey on Zomato!