Din Tai Fung, Megamall

Monday, April 10, 2017

Din Tai Fung Megamall
Din Tai Fung - A famous Taiwanese food chain which specializes in Xiao Long Bao also known as Soup Dumpling opened its first branch last year in Manila. This is actually a very late post but since Din Tai Fung is still my current favorite Taiwanese Food Chain in Manila it deserves a lengthy post!
Din Tai Fung Philippines


Din Tai Fung is world famous for their Soup Dumpling. It originated in Taiwan and is even part of the Top 10 Best Restaurants in the World. SM Megamall is one of the malls I rarely visit cause it's quite far from my house so when I got the chance to drop by, I instantly knew where I'll be heading right away! Whether you are a foodie or not, this is a place where you should dine at least ONCE in your entire life, wherever you are in the world.


There was no queue at all when we went there though the place is almost jam-packed but we were accommodated and was able to order right away.

I ordered the Classic Pork Xiao Long Bao which is priced at P160 for 5 pieces. This isn't my first time to eat one and I had VERY HIGH expectations on their Xiao Long Boa's since they are known for their Soup Dumplings but to be honest I was quite disappointed. I will give it a 4/5 Stars because the wrapper was too dry and the meat was over cooked but for the taste I'll give it 5 stars. I like the balance and proportion of the meat and the soup. My issue was more on the texture rather than the taste. Still, 'twas DELICIOUS.
Xiao Long Bao


Pork Xiao Long Bao
How to Enjoy Your Xiao Long Bao
A little tip on how to eat an enjoy your Xiao Long Bao. Pick up the dumpling using your chopsticks but be gentle when doing it as you don't want to break the wrapper and spill the soup inside. Dip it to the vinegar and soy sauce, eat and enjoy!

Anyway, we also ordered the Crab Roe & Pork Xiao Long Bao. I was planning to try the truffle Xiao Long Bao but its priced at P135. Can you believe it? That's per piece huh! 
The texture is drier than the pork xiao long bao but I like how the Crab Roe added a tinge of sweetness to the Xiao Long Bao making it more delicious and interesting to eat. <3

TIP: Don't forget to use the dipping sauce which consists of Vinegar, Ginger and Soy Sauce for the best experience
Crab Roe & Pork Xiao Long Bao
Next thing we ordered was the Shrimp and Pork Wonton with Special Spicy Sauce. This is a MUST TRY on their menu. A lot of food bloggers raved about this item on the menu. Wontons are a staple in Chinese restaurants and this is one of the most uncommon yet playful recipes i've tried. It has this sweet, salty and a little kick of spicy sauce that makes it tasty! I remember liking it more than the Xiao Long Bao maybe because it isn't that dry compared to others.

Shrimp & Pork Wonton with House Special Spicy Sauce P175


Dipping Sauce (Vinegar)


Rice is something I cannot live without and I thank the boyfie for recommending the Salted Fish Fried Rice. He told me he used to eat this when he was a kid so it reminded him a lot about his childhood. I though it would taste like tuyo or dried fish but it didn't. It went perfectly with the wonton, a good balance of sweet and salty.

Salted Fish Fried Rice P185
It's a good thing they had this Iced Rose Tea in their menu. I was looking for something unique, light and herby during that day and this drink was perfect. It tasted like rose water, subtle and sweet. A perfect contrast for all the viands i've ordered that night.


Last but not the least, the famous Golden Lava Salted Egg Custard for dessert <3  Ahhhh Sheeet! This is my first salted egg bun in my entire life and it was delightful. When I saw the sexy golden lava come out of the bun, I was astounded. I couldn't help but drool. Perfection beyond imagination.  In short, ANG SARAP. I find it pricey though cause it's P85 for just 2 TINY PIECES :(
I can finish one piece in one bite. But it's worth a try. It won't disappoint.

Golden Lava Salted Egg Custard
Overall, it was a really lovely first experience with Din Tai Fung. They have a systematic queue system but they don't accept reservations. The restaurant can accommodate large number of customers because of the huge floor area. Worth the visit!
DIN TAI FUNG
SM MEGAMALL
G/F SM Megamall Fashion Hall
Mandaluyong City
Landline: (02) 9971935

BONIFACIO GLOBAL CITY
L/G C1 Bonifacio High Street Central, BGC
Taguig City
Landline: (02) 809 1865

Din Tai Fung Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento

Popular Posts

Like my Page

Zomato

View my food journey on Zomato!