Gorda, Uptown Parade (Fil-Mex Cuisine) Review

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Lechon Tacos
Gorda is a Filipino-Mexican Cuisine Resto-Pub that offers a wide range of comfort food & unique alcoholic beverage situated in Uptown Parade, Taguig. I've never tried Fil-Mex Cuisine before cause i'm not a huge fan of Mexican food but I said YES to this invite when I was invited by EJ (@ilovetoeatph) of Team Kaladkarin cause I knew that this will be another new food-venture for me.

Gorda is a family owned restaurant which took the restaurant's name as a tribute to their Mom.
In Spanish term Gorda means Fat Lady but in urban calling it's like "Bae". 
Gorda Uptown Parade
Gorda has a rustic chill urban vibe which makes it a perfect place for lazy late night drinking session with the Barkada. It reminds me of underground bars in New York. I like how they incorporated dark-colored bricked walls & sassy graffiti which gave the place a very cozy feeling. This is also a good pre-game place cause their alcoholic drinks are pretty affordable! It's just beside Valkyrie so this is a good pre-game spot! They also play good music during late hours!
Inside Gorda
Lechon Tacos - Cebu Lechon, Liver Pate, Ensalada (P200)
When someone says Mexican Food I look for Tacos and this Lechon Tacos is the perfect dish that emphasizes the Filipino-Mexican fusion. The chopped Lechon bits went well with other toppings and I liked how the chicharon added a crispy texture making it more enjoyable to eat. I think the Mayo added was too much which can be easily adjusted.
Lechon Tacos


Calamari - Squid Frito, Local Spiced Dust, Homemade Crema, Pinakurat (P380)
I can say this was DEFINITELY MY FAVORITE among all the dish that were served during the night. It's not your ordinary Calamari fried in circles rather presented in chopped form with less flour and breading. I though it was Dori and not a squid at first cause it was freakin' tender it almost melts in the mouth. I liked it better dipped in homemade crema than the pinakurat or spiced vinegar.
MUST TRY FOR ME!
Calamari
Mama's Nachos - Spiced Beef Estofado, Trio Local Keso Sauce, Ensalada, Jalapeno Atchara (P400 Half; P600 Full)
Can you believe that this serving is only HALF? This is the perfect Nacho to share with families & friends. The half serving is already good for 4 to 5 people already and seem to be best to be paired with Beer! Chef Jessica showed us the container for the Full one is and that can be good for 7-8 people already. They didn't scrimp on the ingredients and added freakin' loads of cheese which made it delicious. Loved it! Okay na okay pang pulutan!
Mama's Nachos
Bell Pepper Relleno - Spiced Estofado Black Beans, Corn Inasal, Trio Local Keso Melt (P300)
Now this! I am not a fan of Jalapeno Poppers or anything with Bell Peppers cause they have a very distinct taste that I am not fond of. What makes this great is that the taste and quantity of the Cheese over-powered the Bell-Pepper that it neaturalized the strong bell-pepper taste which made it 'edible' for me. LOL! I surprisingly was able to enjoy it. What a good appetizer by the way!
Bell Pepper Relleno
Tapa Burritto (Deconstruct) - Carne Asado, Huevo, Ensalada, Garlic Cilantro Arroz (P350)
Deconstructed Burrito - FANCY Huh! The serving is big, one bowl is good for 2 people already. I really like how the Tapa tasted, the meat is tender and well-seasoned ; considering i'm a TAPSILOG fan this is a good one! I just hope that the rice will have more cilantro mixed in it to make the 'cilantro rice' more appetizing to eat.  I like the rice of the Pollo Inasal Skillet Better than this.

Pollo Inasal Skillet - Mexican Spiced Marinated Chicken Inasal, Cilantro Sinangag, Roasted Pimiento & Onion, Homemade Crema (P450)
I wasn't able to take a photo of this cause I was in a hurry to dig in. LOL. This is a crowd favorite cause it was just simply delicious! The chicken is skewed in a huge stick making it look like a Kebab. I though it was a Kebab at first but it's placed in a huge rectangular shaped plate this can also be good for 2 people already. I LOVE how the savouriness of the chicken went well with the Cilantro Fried Rice, the chicken was so tender too and was cooked perfectly. What a perfect combo! I will definitely go back for this.


Tapa Burrito

Gorda's Avocado Pie - Condensada, Butter Graham Crust, Kalamansi Crema Whip (P250)
Oooh! I've never tried Avocado Pies before so when this came out I got so excited. I love Avocados and I think the custard became too bitter because of the Avocado, I recommend this to be sweetened just a tiny bit more. The Kalamansi Whipped Cream was pretty interesting too that all of us thought it was Lemon Curd cause of how sour it tasted. Good thing its sourness contrasted the sweetness and bitterness of the pie. I am not exactly sure what were the crispy sweet bits on top, it looks like sweetened fried bananas but it sure saved this dessert and added that kick I was looking for.
Avocado Pie

Bar
Horchata Morena - Homemade Roasted Grains, Whiskey, Rum (P320)
Horchata Morena is one of the drinks I will definitely recommend to anyone whether you are a alcoholic drinker or not. Liquido Maestro (@liquidomestro) is behind this genius creation and I must say he made me set my standards higher in defining a 'good' horchata. I've never tried one before and what makes this stand out would be the distinct pandan taste, creamy smooth texture that makes it drinkable. It's a great lady drink for people like me who don't drink often. This is something I will keep coming back for!
Horchata Morena
It was a really fun first with Gorda. The servers were friendly and the customer service is great. The ambiance is perfect, I now have my own version of NY Pub in Taguig Area! <3


Gorda

Address: Retail 6 2nd Floor Uptown Parade Bonifacio Global City Taguig
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gordaph/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gordaph/
E-mail: gordafilmex.ph@gmail.com
Contact No.: +639561893580/ +6327771929

Gorda Fil-Mex Urban Cuisine Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento

Popular Posts

Like my Page

Zomato

View my food journey on Zomato!