Tien Ma's Taiwan Cuisine, Banawe

Thursday, May 04, 2017

Tien Ma's Xiao Long Bao
Banawe has been a favorite go to dining spot of me and my family because of their affordable Dimsums & authentic Taiwanese food. 
Whenever there is a newly opened restaurant in Banawe, I'd be one of the first people to now. I enjoy living in this area for its numerous good local restaurants serving authentic Chinese cuisines and many more therefore when I heard Tien Ma opened in Retiro I got so excited cause i'm hearing a lot of good reviews on their Xiao Long Bao!
Xiao Long Bao is my ultimate comfort food. I can even finish more than 20 pieces in one seating Hahaha!
Tien Ma Banawe



Xiao Long Bao P200 (9 pcs.)
First thing that I ordered when I visited would be the Xiao Long Bao. I actually lowered my standards for this cause I had to consider the price range and can't just compare it right away to Din Tai Fung which my my standards of a good XBL.
 
I'm rating it an 8.5 our of 10. 
I wish I could eat those 9 pieces but I had to share it with my boyfriend. LOL.
What made it extraordinary would be the soup which has a home-made feel and authentic taste. But the meat inside was just ordinary. It definitely passed my standards but didn't exceed, not
 bad if you are just really craving for a cheap and good soup dumpling!
Xiao Long Bao



Avocado Fruit Shake P90
Yey for fruit shakes! I got surprised they were serving Avocados during that day so I knew I just had to order one. I just find the price of the drink too expensive, P90 for a fruit shake, seriously?

It tasted quite blunt too that I even had to add more sugar syrup to make it a little sweeter.
Avocado Shake
Kung Pao Shrimp P199
I wanted something more cause the Xiao Long Bao's weren't that filling. I opted for the Kung Pao Shrimp which also has been a favorite by many! It's nothing extraordinary but I liked that the serving is big. When I go to Chinese Restaurants they usually overload it with sauce instead of the toppings but for this one it's the exact opposite. It is tasty but not unique enough to give me that WOW factor. I just didn't like how there were many unnecessary veggies added that didn't really make it special.



Three Cup Chicken P199
Can't explain how this exactly tasted. The waiter said it's like the Chinese Version that of an Adobo it somehow resembles based on the texture but it tasted quite far from it. It has this sweet, salty and garlicky sauce which reminds me of a milder soy chicken. I loved it! It's also a plus that the serving is big and is already good for 2 people.




Overall, it was a wonderful experience. Craving Satisfied!
   TIEN MA

You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento

Popular Posts

Like my Page

Zomato

View my food journey on Zomato!