Republic Wakepark, Nuvali

Friday, January 19, 2018


REPUBL1C WAKEPARK Nuvali: The Newest and Most Innovative Wakepark in the World!


RATES
OPERATING DAYS
Monday - Sunday
Weekdays: Monday to Thursday (830AM to 530PM)
Weekends: Friday to Sunday (830Am - 10PM)

ACCOMMODATION
WAKEBOARDING! Ahhh finally! I had the chance to go to Nuvali and try wakeboarding. This waters sport venue is just an hour drive from Manila and I can't believe I was finally able to try it!
 I'm never into waters sports so I had a rush of adrenaline when I knew that our bosses are bringing us to Nuvali for wakeboaring. My bosses often go here in Nuvali to do wakeboarding though they're not really that into sports, they do this as a hobby just to relax and ease the stress from the very busy Metro Manila.

There are three man-made lakes in the vicinity. 1 is for the PRO which is the biggest lake and the other 2 are for amateurs. The best time to go here is on a weekday because there are few people and you can take turns as many times as you want without having to queue for a long time. We went on a Tuesday and we were the only ones in the park, sobrang sulit! I can't count how many times I was able to wakeboard!

BEGINNERS

For beginners, you can choose in any of the two wakeboard lakes that they have. Republic Wakepark is the best place to learn wakeboarding because they only provide professionals to teach all the right techniques while having fun.

THE PROS

For the more adventurous and advanced riders, feel free to have fun with all the obstacles.
Practice your skills and shred with their new ramps that are now more elevated than the usual.


THE EXPERIENCE

All of us, if not MOST of us stayed in the beginners area where the cable is just a one straight line and goes back and forth moving in only one direction. To be honest, I felt fear rushing through my veins, the adrenaline is real! I've never felt that nervous in my entire life cause i'm afraid that I might fall many times and the water might splash hard on me and give me bruises, I'm afraid of falling and getting injured. I just over think too much so I was feeling uneasy before my first ever WAKEBOARD pass. 

Gahd, it was an exciting experience. When it was my turn already, Manong who assists every wake boarder guided me on how to stand properly and keep my balance. I was listening to all of his instructions and copying/showing the correct position he wants to check before officially releasing and letting me go off the water. I wasn't able to keep my balance and reach the end of the lake on my 1st, 2nd and even the 3rd try. 

I had more than 10 tries or even 20 before being able to stand on my own without falling but I feel like I needed 1 whole day to be able to master this sport! I need to make my own man-made lake fo sho to master this sport! I'm not good in balancing and I keep shrugging my body on one side, either left or right which kept me from falling many times. I can't count it but 'twas fun!

The technique is to keep calm and stay in the same position from where you started and make that position consistent until the end. CONTROL and BALANCE. I wasn't able to make out of the most of this first experience but I really enjoyed it! I never knew I will be able to do this. I never knew I had an adventurous side, who would have thought? 

Overall, it was a thrilling experience and I will definitely be back in the future!






OTHER AMENITIES

Republ1c Café
The wakepark has their own restaurant/ bar where you can buy refreshments, eat good food, and play billiards (P175/hour). If you are bringing your baby with you this is a fun place to stay. It's very presko and chill. This is a good place to hang-out and chill with friends before or after riding. 

Reception and Shop
This is the first building you’ll enter in. There’s the counter, reception area, gear fitting area, and a shop selling wakeboarding items.

Playground
If you tagged along kids, Republ1c made sure they won’t get bored while you wakeboard. They have swings, slides, a hoop, and a small skating area for the skaters out there.
Swimming pool
Here’s another alternative to both riders and non-riders, for only P120, you could enjoy swimming in their pool. Though they keep this closed mostly on weekdays so it's useless! Better call first especially if you're bringing the young ones!
                                                                         Cabanas
5 two-storey cabanas are built beside the Basic Course. This is where you’ll leave your stuff or your non-rider friends as they watch you ride at both Advance and Beginners’ Course. By the way, it’s free. Check the table number in your receipt to see what your assigned cabana is.
Shower/ Dressing Rooms
You’ll find two of these in the wakepark. The main one’s near the Reception building and there’s a smaller one beside the Café.




REPUBLIC WAKEPARK
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/republicwakepark/


You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento

Popular Posts

Like my Page

Zomato

View my food journey on Zomato!