Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Liquid Foundation: Product Review

Thursday, May 10, 2018

MAYBELLINE FIT ME MATTE PORLESS LIQUID FOUNDATION (30ML
I have never been a fan of drugstore beauty products. Drugstore make up purchases are to blame for some of my bad experiences with make up especially with foundation. I don't even know a good local brand that has a cheap quality foundation on their line so i'd rather spend a hefty amount on pricey but high quality products to get the most out of my purchase. I usually get skin allergies whenever I use drugstore products because my skin is very sensitive and it gets irritated easily. Tiny bumps would appear on my skin right after removing the product especially if it contains low quality ingredients or skin irritants that i'm not aware of.

Maybelline Fit Me Matte Poreless Liquid Foundation has been raved by many beauty gurus! Even my beauty enthusiasts friends kept recommending this so I had to give it a try to see for myself if the product really delivers.

I have an oily-combination skin and I would usually oil up on my T-zone area. I don't sweat heavily on the face but I have visible pores on the cheeks so this product really caught my attention when it claims to give a natural poreless finish. I got so excited when they brought it here in the Philippines cause they didn't sell it here before it became a hit! 

Shade: 128 - Warm Nude Beige Chaud
Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation is a lightweight mattifying foundation which refines pores and leaves a natural seamless finish. It is ideal for normal to oily skin. It can control shine and blur pores. Dermatologist tested. Allergy tested and Non-comedogenic.

My shade is Shade 128 Warm Nude Beige. The shade of most Filipinas would be Natural Beige, Warm Nude, True Beige & Natural Buff -- they are some of the best-selling shades here in PH which usually gets out of stock.
Available Shades [From Maybelline Ph Website]
There are 10 shades available in the Philippines but this line has 40 shades in the US! Can you believe that? The range of skin tones the product can cater to is wide enough that it's almost impossible not to find the perfect shade for your skin!

BEST WAY TO APPLY
1. Swatch the foundation on your jawline to find the right shade that matches your skin tone
2. Pour a small amount of your shade on your forehead or the back of your hand to get the most accurate color
3. Dab on it using your ring finger.
4. Apply on 5 points of your face.
5. BLEND 

Purchased for P399 Only
HONEST REVIEW

What I love About the Product

  • Consistency of the product isn't super heavy but a little goes a long way
  • It can be a good daily foundation
  • It has a buildable consistency so it can also be a nice foundation for night events, parties or special occasions
  • It doesn't have a funky smell yet has a very mild scent
  • Easy to apply
  • Has a matte powdery finish
  • Long-lasting (Stays up to 5 hours which is pretty acceptable for a drugstore product)
  • VERY AFFORDABLE!
  • WIDE Range of shade (10 in PH, 40 in US)
  • Contains a lot of product that can last you for 5 to 6 months depending on usage
  • Doesn't not irritate the skin


What I didn't like about the Product

  • Dries Quickly (Tip: Apply then blend, don't leave foundation patches on the face as it will dry fast!)
  • Not ideal for travel make up (eg.:beaches, hiking etc.) due to heaviness and thickness of the product even with light application. 
  • The foundation oxidizes so the shade gets darker after a few hours 
  • The packaging is not hygienic. I wish it had a pump rather than an open mouth lid to avoid the product from spilling easily.



Aside from the quality of the product, the PRICE POINT is really commendable!
For a quality drugstore foundation that costs P399 this product is so affordable and worth the buck. I can recommend this as an everyday foundation especially to women who can't go out without wearing make up. It even goes out on sale sometimes for P299. What a steal!

Maybelline's FIT ME Series is really good. All of the products on this line from the foundation down to the concealers and powders are reliable! If I can't think of a new purchase and have a limited budget to spend, Maybelline Fit Me products will definitely be on my list!

Natural Glow

MAYBELLINE PHILIPPINES

You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento

Popular Posts

Like my Page

Zomato

View my food journey on Zomato!