Silvanas by Sans Rival, Dumagete

Thursday, June 07, 2018


A trip to Dumaguete will never be complete without bringing home their sweetest and most popular pastry pasalubong ~ SILVANAS! I've never been to Dumaguete but when I have been introduced to this sweet delicacy, I couldn't help but wonder how many more good desserts could they have?
I'm not a sweet tooth so it's hard to please me with sweet treats. If I say it's good, BELIEVE ME!
When I took a bite of their Silvanas, the gates of the heaven opened and I saw the light coming. Haha! I think that was too much but I was really head over heels for it and wouldn't want to share my pack! 
10 pieces a pack
Did you know that Sans Rival translates to something that means "No Rival". This dessert win the hearts of anyone who tries it whether you are a dessert person or not. Sans Rival has been proudly making pastries since 1977, they are turning 41 years this 2018 so explains the expansion. It's about time they say!

They have several branches in Cebu and Dumaguete and now a new branch just opened in Glorietta 4, Makati and soon in Robinsons Magnolia & Shangri-la Mall so no need to go all the way to Dumaguete to grab this heavenly dessert!

All pastries are made and flown from Dumaguete made with pure love & labor that's why it could be much more expensive when bought here. I'm willing to go all the way there to hoard boxes and stock up on it for life. 

PRICE
P165 in Dumaguete (1 pack, 10 pieces)
P320 in Manila (1 pack, 10 pieces)


PRICE POINT

It is obviously far more expensive to get the silvanas here in Manila than in Dumaguete that's why a lot of tourists hoard these goodies in the provincial branch. I heard that they don't accept advance order reservations and only accommodate walk-ins so better go to their restaurant as early as you can to get a hold of these sweet delicacy!

This was given to me as pasalubong and when I heard that it is only P165 in Dumaguete I wish I had them buy more for me so I can stock them!


INGREDIENTS
Egg White, Sugar, Milk, Butter & Cashew Nuts

TASTE and QUALITY
What the F? Sorry for cursing.
It's the FREAKING BEST SILVANAS in the world.
It has the right amount of sweetness and creaminess. Some prefer eating it chilled giving it off a nougat-y texture. I prefer eating mine straight out from the freezer because the outer core produces a crunchy effect contrasting the soft milky buttercream filling inside. BEST EATEN WHEN FROZEN.

The buttercream is my favorite part of it all. The airiness of the filling and how its lightly sweetened makes it incomparable to all the other silvanas. It's so good that I had to eat only 1 per day for it to last for 10 days. I just can't live without it. There's no such thing as too much Silvanas!

Creamy Filling Inside
SIZE
The size is actually enough to fill in the room you left for dessert. 1 serving per dessert meal is already enough to satisfy your sweet cravings! Best paired with coffee according to many!

Crunchy Outer Core
Irresistible!
I am rating this dessert 11/10. IT SURELY IS THE BEST & A MUST TRY FILIPINO DESSERT!
DEFINITELY NOT FOR SHARING! :D

SANS RIVAL CAKES & PASTRIES
E-mail: sansrivaldumaguete@gmail.com
Website: http://www.sansrival.com.ph/

You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento

Popular Posts

Like my Page

Zomato

View my food journey on Zomato!