Subway, Festival Mall Alabang

Monday, July 09, 2018


The SUBWAY® restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 33,000 locations in over 92 countries. Coming to the Philippines in 1990, Subway's first branch was in Glorietta 1.

Today, Subway has 40 branches in the Philippines, serving freshly made subs to our customers every day.
Imagine freshly baked bread stuffed with tender sliced chicken, ham, crispy bacon, melted cheese, and your choice of tasty vegetables and condiments. Now, stop imaging and get your mouth over to your nearest SUBWAY® Restaurant.


Sandwiches don't make me go crazy. It's probably on one of the the least favorite food I'd want to eat. Maybe cause it's not as appetizing and sinful as burgers!? LOL! I'm not a fan of sandwiches because I feel like they are not filling and would tastes bland at most times. I'd prefer salad wraps, panini or bahn mi over sandwiches. My sister asked me to give Subway sandwiches a chance because she started replacing her rice meals over it and she has been really enjoying this healthier and tastier option so far.


When I went to Alabang Festival Mall to hang out with my friends, I had the opportunity to dine at Subway so I gave it a try!
I'm clueless on what to order at first because everything on the menu seemed the same to me, then SUBWAY MELT caught my attention. The word 'melt' made me think that the sandwich must taste close to Wendy's Bacon Mushroom Melt and so I ordered it right away!


Subway restaurants look so aesthetically pleasing! The green and yellow general color palette with vintage brown accents reminds me of 60's retro pop. Dining here feels like being taken to the past and set to eat in a classic sandwich bar.



The SUBWAY MELT is priced at 245 for a foot long which can already be good for 2 people to consume. You can ask them to slice it in half in case you plan on sharing it. The price point is reasonable because of the healthy fillings available that you can choose from.

HEALTHY FOOD = EXPENSIVE; this has always been the equation.

My boyfriend and I just shared 1 order and I can say it's unexpectedly filling!

Final Verdict: 50/50

I think all the ingredients available were something that can be prepared and made at home except for the perfectly toasted bread ~ you can't replicate that! The bacon was crispy and the ham added savoriness to the sandwich. If it weren't for the meat, the sandwich would taste bland. I'm not a fan of cucumber and pickles so I immediately removed them. Overall it was an OK meal. There was nothing really special about it but it is something that I would eat again if I want a meal that's light, easy to eat, re-heat and healthy!

Subway Melt




SUBWAY
Website: http://www.subway.ph/

You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento

Popular Posts

Like my Page

Zomato

View my food journey on Zomato!