CHLOÉ Eau De Parfum: Review

Wednesday, December 23, 2020


Chloe Eu de Parfum

Size: 50 ml (1.7 fl oz)

A fresh, powdery floral perfume
Top: peony
Heart: rose petals, magnolia
Base: cedar, ambergris

Intimate and sensual, the Maison’s signature perfume draws on the classic rose, the ultimate feminine scent, to create a modern and timeless perfume for women.

At once fresh and romantic, confident and distinctive, this rich and complex floral perfume encapsulates the many aspects of the Chloé spirit. The perfume is enclosed in a modern, delicately pleated bottle adorned with a hand-tied ribbon.


Chloe Eau de Parfum by Chloé is a Floral fragrance for women. Chloe Eau de Parfum was launched in 2008 and was created by Amandine Clerc-Marie and Michel Almairac. 

This perfume captures the creative, confident individuality of the Chloé woman. It is a fresh and feminine fragrance suited to a free spirit with an utterly innate sense of chic.


The scent takes the classic rose and ingeniously translates it into a vibrant perfume, intimate and sensual. Chloé Eau de Parfum begins with a combination of floral powdery notes: hints of peony, lychee, and springtime freesia. The airy, flirtatious head notes drift away to reveal the richer and more sensual side of the rose. The distinctive character of this unique rose is accompanied by magnolia and lily of the valley, as well as subtle intimations of warm amber and elegant cedarwood.

The fragrance is enclosed in a modern, delicately pleated bottle adorned with a hand-tied ribbon.
Freedom, lightness and femininity: these are the principles on which Chloé was founded in Paris more than 60 years ago. Today Chloé’s vision of romantic, effortless chic lives in ready-to-wear, accessories, and fragrances.


Personal Experience
Positive

To me, the scent very much like a beautiful rose bouquet accompanied by a flurry of other floral concoctions but the rose definitely comes out on top. I can pick up a bit of the sweet lychee upon first sniff but seconds later my scent buds get engulfed by the intoxicating aroma of roses. The scent is feminine and not overly complicated. It's subtly alluring without being sickeningly sweet or overpoweringly sultry. 


This is one for the romantics and rose fanatics. The bottle is classy and beautiful and so is the scent!


Another thing that I love about it is that its fragrance is suitable for a number of occasions. Great for work, or a night out, it has an innocent yet sexy charm about it. Whenever I wear or smell Chloé the image that comes to my mind is roses & cotton. Yes, cotton. Freshly laundered cotton bedsheets. Maybe Chloé is not so innocent after all!


Chloé is definitely a crowd pleaser. People love it, and it's one perfume that even if people overspray (I knew a girl who put way too much on) it's still nice. I love smelling this on other people. Probably more than I like smelling it on myself.


Longevity is amazing for this scent. I know it's an EDP but I didn't expect that, simply because whenever I wear it it seems to fade after a while. I simply took it at face value, however I was so surprised one evening when I was about to go home a co-worker said I smell lovely & she asked what I was wearing. I couldn't believe she could still smell it!



Negative

really like the scent of Chloé Eau de Parfum. However, my like turned to dislike after a few months. I still like the scent, but the sooner I finish this bottle, the better.


The bottle is a cute design, I will give them that. It reminds me of Miss Dior Cherie which also has a bow. The cuteness of the bottle faded fast just a few months after owning Chloé. Why? The metal on the bottle turned a tarnished matte black brown.


Not only that, this chemical change also turned the pretty pink bow into a dirty pink colour.


I couldn't believe this happened. It looks awful. If I had known the bottle would turn a green/brown/black there's no way I'd have bought it. 


People put perfume on to add a bit of aromatic beauty to their day. Chloé IS beautiful, but who wants to put on a beautiful fragrance from an ugly looking bottle? The bottle is meant to be part of the experience. I won't be buying any more perfumes from this line.



Rating: 3.5/5

You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento

Popular Posts

Like my Page

Zomato

View my food journey on Zomato!