Support Local: BuChug's Fresh Lumpia

Wednesday, December 02, 2015


I have been seeing a lot of Fresh Lumpia posts from my friend Christopher Chug on Facebook lately. 
He says the making of the Lumpia was his  Grandma's idea!
A lot of mutual friends and followers have been ordering from him. He even posts reviews and feedbacks from his friends with actual videso to prove that the Lumpia is indeed, very good!

Therefore, after being convinced that it was worth trying I have decided to order three pieces of his Fresh Lumpia for P65 each. Some would think it's a little expensive for a lumpia but once you have tried it, it's the best P65 you've ever spent for a spring roll!


I'm not a fan of Lumpia ever since but it's my Mom's favorite food when snacking. I do not like peanut sauce plus I do not really eat vegetables so I didn't even want to try it. When I ordered Chug's on Facebook, I was a little hesitant that it might taste to bitter or too leafy which I might not like. 


Lumpiang Ubod is what this is called in the Philippines. Some of these are sold on SM Food Courts and it is actually a famous meryenda food in the Philippines. My Grandmother usually make one during Christmas or Birthday Parties and Family events.
 
Photo by Chris Chug
I have attached a photo from Chris's Facebook on how he makes it. I do not know how to cook but I hope I'll be able to copy his Fresh Lumpia one da.. Fresh Lumpia is composed of assorted chopped vegetables which is easy to make and you can definitely do at home. 

Here are the usual ingredients for the filling: 
For the Vegetables: Lettuce Leaves, Carrots, Cabbage, Beans String Beans or Baguio, cilantro
Meat: Pork or Beef
Sauce: Peanut Sauce 

TIP: Be creative. Creating the peanut sauce is the most exciting part here because the level of sweetness or will vary on your liking. You can even add unusual spices to make a unique sauce!

Of course do not forget your Lumpia Wrapper, Eggs, Minced Garlic, Onions, and Condiments 

This photo is owned by Chris Chug


TIP: The number or variety of vegetable you can actually add on the Lumpia is endless. It's up to you! If you do not prefer some of the ingredients I added you can just replace it with your favorite veggies, that's how easy it is to make!

Chug's packaging is very simple. The Lumpia is wrapped in plastic so the oil will not leak in the styro.


Photo by Chris Chug


Here is how they make it. I guess if you plan on producing a lot of Lumpia for big events or catering it will be better if you place your chopped veggies and ingredients in separate bowls or containers for easier distribution of the ingredients to the Lumpia Wrapper. With this, you will also be able to estimate how many servings you'll be able to make.


This photo is owned by Chris Chug
On this album, I think the one's on the big containers are the main veggies he uses for the egg rolls. 
Cabbage, Carrot and String Beans plus the special spices on the small container to add kick to his special lumpia.

I will not be discussing the details anymore. 
Just check this link and / or other websites on the details on how to make it step by step.


Health Benefits

~ Protein - Derived from the Pork, Peanut Sauce and Tofu (If you add them)
~ Vitamin A, B & C
~ Fiber - Since it is fibrous you do not normally eat it with rice which is common among Filipino and Chinese. This is usually eaten as a snack during a snack or an appettizer for some.
~ Other Minerals


VERDICT

I really love BuChug's Fresh Lumpia Lumpia. I hope once you've read this post, you'll order from them and give it a try. Their Lumpia has it's own magic and a different taste compared to the other's I have tried before. The peanut sauce has just the right amount of sweetness and saltiness.
The vegetables included were freshly chopped and sourced. I also remembered when I was about to eat it in the afternoon it still tasted DELICIOUS!

I recommend to pre-heat the Lumpia first to fully enjoy it. This is definitely the perfect go to meal if you are always in a hurry for work and school. If you are also lazy in eating healthy meals, this is something I'd highly recommend!



Chris Chug's Lumpia | BuChug's Fresh Lumpia
#buCHUGfreshlumpia


Contact: https://www.facebook.com/bhriszxander

Feedbacks: https://www.facebook.com/bhriszxander/media_set?set=a.10153782062401579.1073741849.554571578&type=3
Feedback Video Links: https://www.facebook.com/bhriszxander/media_set?set=vb.554571578&type=2

You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento

Popular Posts

Like my Page

Zomato

View my food journey on Zomato!