Ludo Boardgame Bar & Cafe, Makati

Friday, January 29, 2016


LUDO Makati Branch
Have you ever tried playing boardgames with your friends? If not, maybe this will convince you to start playing!

I have never been a fan of boardgames cause I tend to associate it with geek gaming or smart playing which I believe i'm not qualified enough to play. It intimidates me that's why I never find it interesting. I'm a slow learner and I learn through visuals rather than long explanations so I wasn't really into boardgaming ever since.

Modern Boardgame Restaurants and Cafes have been booming recently in the Philippines. A number of Boardgame Restaurants and Cafes have already opened in the different parts of Manila.  I was introduced to this by my boyfriend and was invited to play with his friends a few months go. At first I was admittedly hesitant to try it because of the stereotypes that got stuck in my head but accepted the challenge and tried playing it for the first time. After that experience my friends and I spent most of our weekends playing boardgames. I got addicted to it!

We usually spend our time at LUDO's QC which is their first branch located at Sct. Torillo St. Diliman Quezon City and then I tried exploring their Makati branch as well. We usually go in 7 to 10 pax when we play so Makati Branch is what I prefer more since the place has a bigger space and better ambiance. Most party games cater to 7-8 pax as well so it's recommended you bring the whole gang when you play!

They have a number of playable games. Old, new, classic and favourite classic games!
LUDO
Did you know that LUDO in Latin means "Play". Ludology is the study of games. How cool is that!
They have a wide range of boardgames from causal games, party games, hardcore, strategy, etc. It caters to male and female, any age as long as you want to have fun!


LUDO
This is how it looks like inside. The lights are in tungsten, it's bright and accommodating! The restaurant is huge and can hold up to 70 to 100 pax estimate. The place is almost full when we got there. In most cases, you have to reserve ahead of time so you'll have seats and need not to wait for a long time outside. Waiting time here is around 30 min. to an hour in peak times. Expect to wait for a longer time since most customers really come here for the games and not for the food, of course they spend so much time on playing than eating.




interior
They have this cute wall art which came from the game Dixit. 
How to Play? Using a deck of cards, illustrated with fancy dream like images, players select cards that match a title suggested by the "storyteller" and attempt to guess which card the storyteller selected.
It's one of the easiest games I've played! No brainer!


Ludo Bar


Ludo Menu
There's a requirement minimum order of 1 specialty food or drink per person. It costs around P150 to P200 which is quite cheap considering the length of stay you might spent at the restaurant. I honestly find their food too pricey for the quality. I mean there's nothing really special about their food but I guess the price justifies more on the length of stay of each guest rather than its quality.


LUDO Drinks
LUDO Drinks
They have a wide range of drinks to order from. They have alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage. 


Super Nacho Chip P250.00
We ordered the Super Nacho Chips for P250. It's fine for me, nothing really special & I wish they added more Cheese and Beef Bits on it cause when you get to the bottom part there's almost no toppings you can munch on.


Salted Caramel Milkshake P220.00
We ordered Salted Caramel Milkshake and Iced Green Tea Latte and for our beverages. 


Iced Green Tea Latte P100.00
The Salted Caramel Milkshake is too sweet for me but the boyfie loved it. For the Matcha Latte, I still remember how this tasted! Mmmm! I love it! Just the right amount of sugar. I love their Green Tea Latte and will definitely order it when I come back. It has a light creamy texture and it is not too overpowering.
My friends ordered imported beer which they told me were just good and worth the price. They have more drinks to choose from than their food though.






Telestr
TELESTRATIONS - I really like this game but this is for the YOUNG AND YOUNG AT HEART! Party games are my favorite because they're easy, kinky and you do not even have to think about anything! I still play this game till now. 





This place is really good hang out for spontaneous nights! I was surprised to see friends hanging around too so we went to them and played together!



They also have board games for sale. This is the library at the back of the restaurant with a wide range of games and different genres to choose from. 


Ludo looks like this at night. There are a lot of parking space in the area so it is not something you have to worry about :)



If you want more updates you can follow LUDO on their Facebook and Instagram Account. They are very active in social media as they post their daily updates there. They update their upcoming events and also give freebies and announce contests you can join in. You can also buy board games on their website. 


LUDO Board Game Bar & Bistro

Website: http://www.ludogames.ph/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Ludogamescafe
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ludogamesph/

Address: No. 38 Jupiter St. Planet corner St. Brgy. Bel Air, Makati City
Tel.: +6328107125
Ludo Boardgame Bar & Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato



"Welcome to Ludo: Boardgame Bar & Cafe. The place to be to enjoy the cozy tabletop lifestyle! Try any of our more than 700 in-store games as you enjoy a nice drink or one of of our "crazy Asian" meals (or better yet, both!) . So join us in showing the world that ultimate truth.... that we live to play!"

You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento

Popular Posts

Like my Page

Zomato

View my food journey on Zomato!