King One: Eat All You Can Rotary Hot Pot (Tomas Morato) Review

Sunday, May 01, 2016

King One Rotary Hot Pot
King One Rotary Hot Pot I must say has got to be one of my favourite rotary hot pot's in Manila. They have a rotary conveyor belt which transports all ingredients within your reach. There are even Chef's who freshly prepare the ingredients that's being transported on the conveyer belt.


It is located at Tomas Morato though they also have another branch which is at Pasay in Macapagal Boulevard. I have tried both and since this one is the newer branch, I prefer this cause apparently the food tastes better and the ambiance is much better too. I remember eating at Macapagal Branch and it honestly didn't impress me at all! The servers were very slow and they panicked easily when I keep asking for more ingredients to be cooked. The ambiance is also not as nice and the ventilation was disappointing, the place is not so clean as well. This branch is really new and the ambiance is perfect and you won't feel any pressure in ordering and eating fast.

Located on the 2nd Floor
So here's the photo of King One outside. It's very easy to locate and is on the second floor of a building, there's an elevator which will bring you directly to the restaurant or you can walk up using the stairs on the back side area of the building.

King One


Back Entrance
PRICE RANGE
  • Monday to Friday - Lunch (P558) | Dinner (P658)
  • Saturday - Lunch (P599) | Dinner (P699)
  • Sunday & Holidays Lunch & Dinner (P699) 
  • Drink All You Can (P59)
This is an updated Price List as of 2016. They used to be cheaper and i'm not so sure why a sudden increase yet I still keep coming back.

We went here on a weekday lunch. Unfortunately their rotating conveyer belt was closed because there were very few people eating that time so if you want the experience of it, I recommend you go here during dinner time or on a weekend.

They accept reservations and huge events. Make sure to give them a call if you plan on visiting during dinners on weekends. A lot of parties and celebrations are being held here. This is a perfect place for friendly reunions and gatherings!

Forgot to include that they have a service charge so better bring extra cash.




As you can see the place is very neat which I would want to commend. If you can just see their branch in Tomas Morato, there's really a HUGE DIFFERENCE. The spaces between every set of tables is also good which is convenient if you love moving around to get your dipping sauce or drinks.

They also have an area which I wasn't able to take a picture of, the different sauces which you can add and other small ingredients to spice up your soup stock.





While waiting for the soup to be prepared we were asked to fill up a list of ingredients we would want to cook.
NO LEFT OVERS. NO TAKE OUTS. So make sure to order first what you think you can fully consume. Don't be overwhelmed with what you can see. Everything looks good and smells good, but it's better to be safe than sorry! Anyway, they really serve quite fast, so waiting time should be the least of your concerns.


I also got busy mixing up my own dipping sauce. I had mine with lots of garlic and the Satay Sauce which brings in all the flavor and some kick to my Shabu Shabu. Choices would be garlic, onion spring, chili and the satay. This is served in every table automatically.



Special Sauce
Drink / Beverage Station
They have very few type of drinks. Iced Tea, Lemonade, Mango Juice, Water and Coffee. Wish they had more varieties to choose from.



SOUP TIME. We ordered one Satay Soup and one Regular Soup for our soup stock. Make sure to order the Satay One too cause adding Satay Sauce on the Regular Soup doesn't really taste nice. Hindi na lumalabas yung lasa and the goodness of the satay when it's just mixed. They don't give Satay Soup Refills anymore. So sad :(
 They also have the Curry but haven't tried it cause my friends don't like curry, they also have the Szechuan Soup which is the spicy one. 


Crab Sticks, Dumplings, Siomai
There are lambs slices, premium cuts of U.S. Beef, and many more. One order also comes with 1 free side dish so I ordered the Yang Chow Fried Rice and it's even refillable.

Golden Mushroom Beef Roll
THIS IS DEFINITELY MY FAVORITE. I remember ordering it for around 4 to 5 times. Can't get enough of their Golden Mushrooms. Next fave is the MOZZARELLA BALLS. My boyfriend loves it too. One ingredient would take 2 to 3 minute cooking time, it's not really that long.
The variety of ingredients they have is so huge so if you can give everything a try! But as for me I already know what I want so I just keep ordering those instead.


Family Enjoying their Hot Pot

My Boyfriend Cooking For Me :D
The conveyer belt is turned off, so sad. I understand though that they won't bother opening it if there were only few customers dining. We can order the ingredients anyway.
Overall, it's a nice experience to be back at one of my favourite hot pots in Manila. I consider it as a comfort food na that I always look for when I crave for it or when I'm just hungry haha!



Tip: If you're lucky, you can avail their promos and deals on voucher websites:

KING ONE ROTARY HOT POT
Branches: TOMAS MORATO | 270 GP Tomas Morato Avenue | 3328073
MACAPAGAL | M2 Lower Hobbies of Asia, Pasay, Quezon City | 5561370
E-mail: marketing@megaresto.com.ph

King One Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento

Popular Posts

Like my Page

Zomato

View my food journey on Zomato!