Runner's Kitchen, Tomas Morato

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Runner's Kitchen Front
I have been a very active reviewer on Looloo when I discovered the app and I must say hard work really pays off! Haha! I have been invited to Looloo Eat Ups and have won GCs because of being an active reviewer. I appreciate how they thank their reviewers through constantly sending out gifts and freebies. I've won a P500 worth of Runner's Kitchen Gift Certificate. Thanks to Ms. Looloo Peanut D. So when I received it, I really looked forward to the time where I will be able to use it.

Runner's Kitchen is located in Tomas Morato, Quezon City. It's very easy to locate and is even below a gym so if you live in the area, it will be nice to drop by after an exhausting work out. I visited around 2pm in the afternoon on a weekday. There were few customers I guess because it's not peak hours when I went there. I was greeted politely by their staff and to be honest, I've felt a little embarrassed going there just to claim my Gift Certificate.

I'm no healthy eater. I hate veggies. Not OA ha but that's how I feel about veggies. We were not really raised eating healthy foods. My parents know how much I hate veggies so most of the time, they will not serve me any since they know the food will just be wasted if they cook one for me. Though you might find it weird that I enjoy DRINKING Veggie smoothies or juices. I can tolerate them even more when drank cause the awkward taste don't linger on my taste buds and I can just gulp water after to avoid feeling gross out of it.

Anyway, back to Runner's Kitchen, when I researched and read reviews about it, I knew I'd be eating something and HEALTHY AND ORGANIC. Actually the term healthy gives me goosebumps, it's alien to me. I also had the impression that HEALTHY FOOD is equivalent to NOT TASTY; and most of the time tastes blunt. I'm no health buff or calorie conscious so I've never really experienced eating in a restaurant which serves organic food.

Inside Runner's Kitchen
Runner's Kitchen serves organic food and vegetables which means it's not processed. They even have gluten free dairy free and gluten free food, with this they support local farmers which is really admirable. Runner's Kitchen is owned by Bianca King, Glaiza De Castro, Xander Angeles, Abby Assistio and more.

As I went inside, I was like WOW! This place is so freakin 'cozy and nice. The details were very intricate, looks like they really thought about the interior and decorations really well, it is very curated and very INSTAGRAMMABLE. Rustic feels, Wooden Chairs and Tables, Fancy Wine Bottles, Hanging Lights Bulbs, Typography Boards, Fancy Plants (For Flatlays) LOL! Name it all.

Cashier Area of ​​Runner's Kitchen
The best place is to sit down on this area which is just below the bike. It has a good lighting for Food Photography and best for Instagrammers.


I ordered the Beef Salpicao as my main course. Haven't had lunch yet when I went here I was craving for something heavy with rice. When I saw the menu, I got a little overwhelmed cause I felt like I have no idea what I should be ordering. Beef Salpicao looked familiar to me so I ordered it. It's P395 which is a little pricey for a meal without rice.

Beef Salpicao includes Organic Sirloin, Wilted Kale and Tomato Confit. I ordered an additional starch - Black Rice for P50. Never tried black rice before so it made ​​me a little nervous. Surprisingly, I LOVED IT. The beef was so tender and I was able to eat the Kale cause it was so DELICIOUS. Everything was very well flavored, with just the right amount of saltiness.

At first I thought the black rice will not be enough cause I'm a huge rice consumer. I can't skip an important meal without rice. But 'twas good.
PLUS POINTS on the plating which made me really earned a lot of likes on Looloo cause it made the photo beautiful!

Beef Spareribs P395
Beef Spareribs Close Up


I was sitting under the bike section and I enjoyed this view. (Down Below)
I spent my time looking into every detail of this restaurant cause they've really put a lot of effort to it.


For the drinks, I ordered their MALUSOG smoothie for P160. I find this cheap for the quality of serving. The mason jar was so full. Good!

MALUSOG is made of Spinach, Oats, and Banana + Cashew Milk. I really had a hard time looking for a smoothie to drink because I wanted to try everything. I believe I made the RIGHT choice. It's well worth it! The banana complimented the overall taste and the cashew milk just made everything balanced. I was even munching on tiny bits of oats.

healthy P160


Overall, I totally enjoyed my first experience with Runner's Kitchen and will definitely come back if I have the chance and of course the ka-ching! Haha! I suggest you follow them on Instagram and Facebook cause they are very active on social media. HEALTHY AND HAPPY customer here, will definitely be back!


RUNNER'S KITCHEN
Address: Unit 2, Creekside Square, 74 Tomas Morato Avenue, Quezon City, Metro Manila
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/RunnersKitchenPH/
Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/runnerskitchenph/
More Reviews on Looloo:  https://looloo.com/p/runners-kitchen-kamuning-quezon-city
Runner's Kitchen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento

Popular Posts

Like my Page

Zomato

View my food journey on Zomato!