Elait: Happiness in a Cup!

Tuesday, April 25, 2017


Elait's Strawberry Trifle
I was ecstatic when I got invited last April 1, 2017 to attend Elait's Brand Launch at Century City Mall, Makati. Aaron from Caravan Food Group invited me along with other influencers to visit their newly opened artisanal Ice Cream Store. I was so excited when I got invited to this event cause I booked a hotel around Kayalaan during those dates so it was convenient enough for me to drop by at Century and the sun's heat was extreme that day I knew I needed some cooler to beat the Manila heat! 
Elait Store in Century City Mall
Elait was formed from the word Elate which means extreme happiness & 'Lait' a French term which means to serve with milk. Just like the word 'Cafe Au Lait' meaning coffee served with warm milk <3 The word play is adorable! 
The overall look of the store is really fun and playful. I like the baby colors they used which they also incorporated on their menu and on the overall branding of Elait. It's eye-catching, bright and joyous!

Rolled Ice Creams have been a trend in most Asian Countries and I remember there was a time when almost every mall that I go to would have Fried Roll Ice Cream in the Philippines. It's a dessert made in a teppan or a steel which is chilled for about -35 degrees then the dairy product is poured on to it, toppings are added like fresh fruits and other sweet bits on to the custard; all the ingredients are grinded and mixed altogether then once the ice cream hardens it'll be rolled and served <3
Elait Brand
What makes Elait unique from other Fried Ice Cream Stalls would be the UNIQUE FLAVORS they offer. They have the Bacon Brickle, Salted Egg Surprise, Blueberry Cheescake, Tiramisu, Mango Kiwi Pavlova and even Ube Flan!

Another thing that caught my attention would be this small posters plastered in front of the store which teaches people BASIC SIGN LANGUAGES. They have staff who are deaf & mute so it's essential for customers to at least know basic greeting actions to communicate easily.
 I like that they are INCLUSIVE to this community. To be honest, i'm a little bit shy to do basic sign language cause I might do a wrong action and be misinterpreted but I still tried and greeted some servers Hello & Thank you.

Basic Sign Language
I visited the store twice and instead of narrating what happened to the actual grand opening, I will be sharing my experience during my second visit <3

HOW TO ORDER
A customer has two options when ordering: Choosing on their SPECIAL FLAVORS or DIY Creating your own Rolled Ice Cream

On my first visit I ordered their Strawberry Trifle which is on the list of their Special Flavors. You'll have to choose between Custard or Yogurt for the base then the toppings will be on them.
I was craving for something sweet and sour during the grand opening so I went for Yogurt.
DIY Rolled Ice Cream



Strawberry Trifle is made of Strawberries + Cream Cheese + Almonds Topped with lady Fingers 
I absolutely love it. Though I think it'll taste best if you pick custard as the base. The fruits taste fresh and went well with the other toppings! This is priced at P180 per cup which might be a little too pricey for an ice cream but you actually get the complete package = QUALITY and QUANTITY Ice Cream in a cup!
Cute Pins distributed during the event!
For the DIY, this is how the process goes:
DIY
1. Choose a Base Custard or Yogurt
2. Choose Two Mixers
3. Choose Two Toppings
4. Choose Two Drizzle
(Plus P10 for every additional mixers, toppings and drizzle)
Custard
I am quite impressed with the quality of their Yogurt and Custards! It looks and tastes PREMIUM.
During my 2nd visit, I made a promise to myself that i'll try their custard as base and I liked it so much better <3

Toppings
Rolled to Perfection!


This time I went with my boyfriend who is obsessed with Ice Creams, Thanks to Elait for the Gift Certificates we were so thrilled and came back right away!
Instead of picking on the Special Flavors we opted to do the DIY cause of our curiosity on how our ice cream will taste if we pick our own mixers and toppings! 

KEVIN's Ice Cream
So Kevin was craving for something caramel-ish with hints of Peanut Butter. 
I call his dessert Peanut Butter Jolly (Lol, So Corny!) Haha! Why not create your own dessert name when you can create your own dessert right?

Base - Custard
Mixers - Leche Flan, Peanut Butter, Caramel Sauce
Toppings - Pocky Sticks, Almonds
Drizzle - Caramel




Denise
I wanted something chocolatey and milky; I call my dessert - Choco Loco. Lol! Hahahaha! (Literally laughing while typing this!)
Base - Custard
Mixers - Cream Cheese, Oreo, Chocolate Sauce
Toppings - Almonds, Pocky Sticks, Chocolate Shards
Drizzle - Chocolate, Condensed Milk

Mine tasted perfect. Kevin got jealous that he finished mine after eating his (Hmppf) Haha!







True to its name Elait is indeed a Happiness in a cup! I will definitely come back to try other flavors!
Thank you again for inviting me to be part of your grand opening :) 
I truly had a WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE! 

Freebies <3

Elait!
Experience happiness in a cup. Elait! offers artisanal rolled ice cream made right before your eyes. Choose from a unique variety of luscious flavors that will surely take your heart away.

You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento

Popular Posts

Like my Page

Zomato

View my food journey on Zomato!