The Ordinary: Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA Review

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

“Clinical formulations with integrity”—that’s what The Ordinary is about. Created to celebrate truth, veracity, and reliability, the beauty company is focused on advanced functional beauty while honestly communicating its products to its consumers. The end goal? Bringing to market effective, well-known technologies at reasonable prices. As part of DECIEM’s brands, The Ordinary is also free of Parabens, Sulphates, Mineral Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Animal Oils, Benzalkonium Chloride, Coal Tar Dyes, Formaldehyde, Mercury, and Oxybenzone and does not test on animals. All you need is to try out one of their bestselling products, extremely affordable and effective skincare products and you’ll realize what makes The Ordinary, extraordinary.


The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA contains NMF(Natural Moisturizing Factors), elements that keep the outer layer of the skin protected and well-hydrated. NMF are made up of multiple amino acids, fatty acids, triglycerides, urea, ceramides, phospholipids, glycerin, saccharides, sodium PCA, hyaluronic acid and many other compounds that are naturally present in the skin.
This formula offers non-greasy hydration that acts as a direct topical supplement of impaired NMF components. It contains 11 amino acids, phospholipids, alpha/beta/gamma fatty acids, triglycerides, sterols and sterol esters, glycerin, ceramide precursors, urea, saccharides, sodium PCA and hyaluronic acid. It offers immediate hydration and lasting results with continued use.
CLAIM TO FAME: A surface hydration formula for all skin types

FAST FACTS: Provides a protective barrier against surface hydration loss; contains 11 amino acids, phospholipids, alpha/beta/gamma fatty acids, triglycerides, sterols and sterol esters, glycerin, ceramide precursors, urea, saccharides, sodium PCA, and hyaluronic acid—components found in the skin and collectively referred to as Natural Moisturizing Factors (NMF); delivers non-greasy hydration that acts as a direct topical supplement of impaired Natural Moisturizing Factors (NMF) components; features a pH level of 6.50-7.00; vegan formula is cruelty-free and doesn’t contain alcohol, oil, silicone, and nut

PERFECT FOR: Immediate hydration with lasting results


SPECIFICATIONS

WHAT YOU GET: (1) Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA

NET WEIGHT: 30ml

INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Propanediol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glucose, Maltose, Fructose, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Urea, Allantoin, Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Phytosteryl Canola Glycerides, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Lecithin, Triolein, Tocopherol, Carbomer, Isoceteth-20, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Pentylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin

HOW TO USE
Apply after serums as needed for effective surface hydration. If irritation occurs, cease use and consult a physician. Use only as directed on unbroken skin. Patch testing prior to use is advised. 


PRODUCT EXPERIENCE

My friend got me this moisturizer from Canada. I've heard a lot of good things about this skin care brand so I had high expectations on this product before using it. The packaging is pretty decent and straightforward. Nothing fancy, which I really like. It is very affordable and I got this for only $7.

In general, most of HA products don't really have that much HA in them and this seems to be the same case. I just can't say I recognise any results besides immediate hydration, which doesn't last. I don't appreciate the texture as well. I didn't expect much so i'd go with a different option if given a chance. 



I have been using this product for almost a month now and so far, it does what it says so in the description. It is just for surface hydration. I would usually only apply this at night as it could get super sticky when applied during the day. It's always humid in the Philippines so I don't think this will work for oily and oily/combination gals. 

My skin feels soft every after application though. It also did not break me out upon using the product for a month. However, it has a thick formula and has poor spreadability so I have to use more product to cover my face. Good enough, nothing amazing. 



Rating: 6/10

I'm not entirely sure if the product did a good job in moisturizing my face. It makes my skin feel soft after application but I feel like there's something lacking. The product is a bit tricky to apply. Due to it's paste-like consistency, it feels like you haven't applied enough product yet so I end up putting more than what is needed (which makes my skin a bit oilier than usual).

I have to use oil blotting film two hours post application of this product which is too inconvenient for me who doesn’t really apply make up on a regular basis, and I guess it will be much worse when you put make up on top of it. This might work for dry and dehydrated skin but I won't vouch for this if you have an oily/combination skin. This is one of the products from The Ordinary that I will not repurchase. It's a flop.




You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento

Popular Posts

Like my Page

Zomato

View my food journey on Zomato!