Browhaus: The Brow Salon at Lucky Chinatown Mall

Friday, November 27, 2015

Browhaus Lucky Chinatown Mall Branch
I have always dreamed of having my brows threaded and I finally experienced my first ever Eyebrow Threading with Browhaus SalonI was given a complimentary P500 Gift Certificate when I attended Marj Sia's Beauty Workshop last August 2015 and I was tremendously happy when I receive the Gift Certificates! I have not had my brows done ever since cause I was afraid that it was going to be painful. Besides, I can ask a favor from my mom to just use a razor and shave it for me. Haha! 

Threading is one beauty process I fear the most whether it's going to be done on my brows or in my underarm, I just can't imagine going through it so I went to Lucky Chinatown Mall Binondo which is their nearest branch in Manila area and took courage to finally have my brows done. I just told myself, "Para sa Ekonomiya!"Haha! Tiis Ganda!

Browhaus is globally famous so I have been easily convinced to try even just one of the services they offer. They have the highest 'quality commitment, their staff are well trained and skilful, and they value customer service.

Waiting Area
As I enter the shop the lady in the counter approached me with a warm smile. She asked what treatment I wanted to do and I chose the classic threading being the basic one. The staff are very friendly and accommodating and considering that it is my first time, they assured me that I shouldn't worry about anything. 


They also have brochures which indicates some tips on having the perfect brows or which Ideal brow looks best for specific face shapes and other treatment promos. 


Throw Pillow

Browhaus Menu
I went for the classic threading which is priced at P648. I just added P148 'cause I already got a P500 GC. Yey me! Imagine how much I have saved cause of that gift certificate. 
Most of their services are way too expensive for me, It is really way out of my budget. If you plan to do a monthly threading it will create a huge hole in your pocket but since they are experts in doing people's brows I guess you're getting what you've paid for and deserve to experience such luxury to do so once in a while.


I was assisted by the lady to a private room where my brows will be threaded. The area is separated with a hanging thick cloth for privacy. I have no picture of it but I sat in a reclining chair that is comfortable enough to lie for a few minutes. It looked like a dentist chair which is comfortable enough to sit on for a few min while the treatment is being done. There is a white brick wall in front and a mirror hanged on it so you can look at your brows after it has been done.
As you can see the tool section is very neat and hygienic. I am very particular about this because I've been to some salon where it looks like they have not cleaned the space for weeks already.

Before Threading Photo
This is my before photo. I edited the hue of the photo a little since my skin looked too 'yellow'. I did not apply any make up on the prior threading. 
I just did my facial before this day that's why I have pimples on my forehead. Please disregard that.
Look at my really MESSY brows. The direction of the hair seems to be going everywhere and anywhere it wants to. 

Before Threading Photo 2
This is a clearer version of my before photo. As you can see some areas do not grow hair, some have too much. Basically, the hair is not equally distributed. Browhaus uses a fine cotton thread which is meant for the skin. Threading is less traumatizing as compared to waxing or shaving. It removes unruly hair strands which results in a clean looking brow line. For people who have sensitive skin like me this is a better option.

The lady started using the thread to my brows slowly following it's original shape. They did not actually let me choose any shape instead I just told them I wanted it pointed on the end with a hint of that 'wow' - snobby look. She started isolating some areas and then slowly pulled the thread away from my skin. It was a little painful. Of course there is a shocking feeling whenever the therapist would suddenly pull the thread away from my skin but it's really tolerable and if you get used to it you and will not even feel the pain at all. 
For the remaining hair which could not be removed, the therapist used tweezers and scissors to cut the overgrown hair strands. 

AFTER
After Threading
Here is a photo after threading. Voila! Clean, Classic, and Polished. I loved how my hair now follows a certain direction. The therapist meticulously cut and threaded unnecessary hair on my brows. 
The procedure took around 15 to 20 minutes. I got little bumps and red marks on the areas surrounding my eye brows, but I did not get anxious about it 'cause it went away after a few hours.

After Care
Do not put anything on your brows right after hair removal. This is to prevent any foreign bodies to enter your skin. Since your pores are open, bacteria can easily penetrate the skin which could cause pimples or even acne.

I was also informed by the therapist not to get the brow area wet for about a day. I also suggest you do not do any facial treatments a week within the treatment time to avoid breakouts. 


Photo Taken by Iphone
Focus on the brows! Shading my brow has never been this easy. I just followed the shape of my threaded brows and right away I achieve the perfect brows I've always wanted. A lot of people have even complimented my brows for looking on point! I am actually lazy when it comes to putting eyebrow make-up on, so threading it made my life easier.


Will I recommend this? Definitely. If you have the budget to spend on it once in a while, I suggest you try it once. Especially for first timers who have troubles in putting make-up on theirs brows, this is a must for you. 

Will I go back for another session? Definitely, if I have the extra cash and probably will have to try other treatments too! 

Note: Went back twice for the same treatment cause I got another GC from make up workshops I have attended. I must be lucky!


Browhaus The Brow Salon
Branches: Bonifacio High Street, Greenbelt 5, Lucky Chinatown Mall, SM Megamall Mega Fashion Hall
Operating Hours: Monday to Saturday (10am to 10pm)

Contact
Tel. No .: Rockwell +632 901-05-97; 531-69-97 Mega Fashion Hall 632; 5632 Greenbelt 501-39-98, 254-27-16 +632 Lucky Chinatown Mall, Abreeza -70 +682 72 285-



Social Media Websites
Hashtag: #BrowhausManila #BrowWow

You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento

Popular Posts

Like my Page

Zomato

View my food journey on Zomato!