Exile on Main St. Restaurant, Taft Review

Thursday, August 04, 2016

Exile
Exile on Main St. is one of my favorite restaurants in Vito Cruz, Taft. Apparently, despite the many restaurants in the area there are only few restaurants worth going back for. I've already been here more than 5 times and I usually eat out with friends when I come here. It's a hole-in-the-wall restaurant - not so easy to find but a lot of students know this place especially if you study in Taft. What keeps me going back here is the ambiance, it's a very chill venue to hang out with friends, drink beer after a stressful day in school - then just eat good food!


Exile on Main St.
There's a smoking area outside. The interior is quite fancy which has a hipster indie vibe to it. Tables and Utensils are hanging upside down. I also see that most decors are music related, I guess the owner's are fan of Local Music. There are also few board games that can be played here.

Exile On  Main St.

Exile On  Main St.
FOOD
Now onto the food. What I usually order would be the following:
* Chicks-Shall-Fly (Buffalo Wings)
P205 for 12 pieces / P125 for 6 pieces

Flavours:
Escape to China - Wings in Savory, Soy Coating with a tinge of spicy finish
This is kind of my favourite flavour among others cause it's basic and simple, tasty. Slightly sweet but the soy flavour dominated the overall goodness of the chicken.

Escape to Texas - Wings coated in thick slow cooked tomato based sauce with a smokey Barbeque Hum
This flavour reminds me of sweet and sour sauce? There's a barbeque taste as well but I didn't love it as much. Mild Spicyness.

Exile on Main St. Buffalo Wings

* The White Stripes
For P155, this is a very sulit pasta. 
Pasta with Fennel Sausages, made in-house, and tossed in roasted garlic and basil cream sauce
- This is the only pasta I order at Exile. I don't change orders anymore cause it's their best seller. It's like a better version of a carbonara. Home made feels, plus the sauce has the right amount of saltiness. Hoping they can add more sauce to make it more delectable.

The White Strips - Exile on Main St.
* Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
P65 Single Scoop ; P120 Double Scoop ; P175 Triple Scoop

The mother of all ice creams. 
"We first made small batches of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream jus to try things out, and when our customers couldn't get enough of the lovin' we decided to churn out bigger batches and, after a few years, develop more flavors. Buth with this one, only whole milk, pure cream, eggs and natural Madagascar Vanilla Beans take center stage, which is why it remains closest to our hearts and bellies. You can ask for a drizzling of caramel, but we like it."

Ooooh! At first I was hesistant to order this ice cream cause I thought desserts aren't their specialty, but I was astounded when I had a taste of their Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. It was superb! I love it and I will keep coming back for it. I may even go their just for the ice cream. LOVE LOVE LOVE! The distinct taste of the Madagascar Vanilla Bean makes me crave for more!

Vanilla bean Ice Cream - Exile on Main St.
* Calamansi Iced Tea P35/ Single Serving ; P85 Bottomless
This is my fave! I order this all the time and they even ran out of it. The sweet and sourness of the iced tea make me crave for it. Perfect pang-alis umay for the Pasta and Chicken!


Overall Rating: 4.5./ 5
Why not a perfect score?
Hmm, let's just say I hope they add more flavor to their wings. I hope they'll add garlic parmesan or something saltier compared to their existing flavors. I love them but if there will be more options, it'll be perfect.


Credits: EXILE Facebook Page
EXILE ON MAIN ST.
Address: Unit 2 # 2427 Leon Guinto St. Barangay 727, Manila, 1004 Manila, Philippines
Store Hours: 10AM -11PM
E-mail: exileonmainstrestaurant@gmail.com
Contact No .: 0916-2205097 | 0917-8720767

MENU:  https://www.facebook.com/exileonmainstresto/photos/?tab=album&album_id=470152646335666

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/exileonmainstresto
Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/exileonmainst_resto/

You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento

Popular Posts

Like my Page

Zomato

View my food journey on Zomato!