Gokain Bistro: University Mall, Taft

Monday, October 10, 2016

Gokain Bistro
Gokain Bistro is a newly opened Korean Restaurant in Taft located specifically at University Mall. I honestly got quite excited when I first heard about them opening cause I got curious if they will be serving authentic Korean Cuisine. They just had their opening last September and the owners were so nice so I just had to pay a visit.

Whenever there's a newly opened restaurant in the Taft, I get so excited and also jealous haha, cause during our time around 2-3 years ago, there were very few good restaurants to choose from. Most of them are also quite far in Lasalle Main so I have to walk a few meters just to have a good lunch. 

Gokain Bistro Restaurant
'Go Kain' which means "Let's Eat" is owned by Harry Lee who is a fresh graduate student in De La Salle College of Saint Benilde. He has a Bachelor's Degree in Culinary and so decided to open his own restaurant. A lot of Korean Student studies in Taft too which makes it a great idea to open up one. According to Harry, the idea of the restaurants names actually originated from "Ko Kain" which means "Korean Kain" but then it sounded like "Cocaine" which the building didn't allow so they made it Go Kain instead. Hahaha! 

Go Kain Restaurant Interior
The restaurant has this industrial korean street vibe which makes it interesting. We visited around 3pm in the afternoon on a Saturday so don't be surprised why it seems like we're the only ones visiting. Good thing we came on that time so I was able to make chika with Harry! Haha!

Gokain Interior
I am always fond of Koreans cause they're so friendly. They can be approached easily and they open up instantly. They're super friendly talaga! No surprise magaan ang loob ko sakanila. Just a side kwento, I've had a class back in college where 90% of the students were Korean and I got to know all of them easily so it's not surprising why Harry & I became friends in an instant! Haha! I was even able to add him on Facebook.


Go Kain Menu
Anyway, this is their menu. (Check the photo above) I find the food quite pricey if I'll be speaking in behalf of the students. P190 for a lunch meal is quite hefty especially most student which only has a budget ranging only from P100 to P150. But if one is looking for an authentic or a semi-authentic Korean dish, then I would suggest you try Go Kain!

Go Kain is the closest thing you'd get to an Authentic Korean dish because the chefs are actual Koreans. Unlike some Hole in the Wall Korean Restaurants, they just know the ingredients and create their own take on the Korean Dish but they don't really know the process of creating it.

Samgyup Kimchi Bokkeum
I ordered the Samyup Kimchi Bokkeum which consists of Fried Prok, Kimchi, Rice, Fried Egg, Salad with Garlic Vinaigrette and Macaroni Salad with Sweet Creamy Mayo Sauce for P190. It tasted so freakin authentic which made me dance happily while I eat it! I even had this quick flashback of our recent Korea trip, I missed it so bad!

Gokain Bistro Samgyup Kimchi Bokkeum
I just have to commend how the rice was cooked. They used Japanese Rice and it was cooked so well even my friend who is a legit RICE Addict went back during dinner time just because of their rice. LOL. Every viand paired with a hot perfectly cooked rice will taste good would you agree? This is one of them! 

Samgyup Kimchi Bokkeum
The fried pork was okay though. It was tender but didn't make any impact on me. The only thing I didn't like would be the Garlic Vinaigrette, it has this awkward onion-ish after taste that didn't go well with the dish. 

GOKAIN
I still enjoyed the overall experience though cause I was eating on a mini stainless frying pan which became my plate. This is a norm in Korea. They even eat ramen on pots and their utensils are maid of stainless ware even the drinking glasses. Feel na feel ko ang pagkaKorean ko because of it. LOL. 

The servers were also very attentive and they can speak english well! 
Go try and visit Gokain when you drop by Taft Area!

GOKAIN

GOKAIN BISTRO
Address: 2nd Floor, University Mall, Taft Manila
Contact Number: +639954320375
Gokain Bistro Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento

Popular Posts

Like my Page

Zomato

View my food journey on Zomato!