Goto Monster: A Hole in the Wall Restaurant in Makati

Thursday, October 20, 2016




Goto Monster located in San Antonio Village and has got to be the best Goto Place in Makati yet. 
Had the opportunity to drop by during the wee hours after shooting a wedding. Everyone was craving to eat at Goto, thankfully Goto Monster is open 24 hours so looking for a Gotohan has been easy!

 Goto Monster is a no frills hole in the wall restaurant that serves affordable set of meals from different Goto Toppings to Side Orders like Tokwa, SIlogs, and Unique Desserts - this place really deserves a spotlight.


As you can see it looks like a pinasosyal na gotohan but still has the "kanto" style factor. The place is quite big for a normal gotohan and even offers seats on the street outside. Parking is easy as well.






I ordered their GOTO SPECIAL for P95 which is made of lugaw, ox tripe, toasted garlic, onion leeks and duck salted egg. Replacing an ordinary hard boiled egg with a duck salted egg is pure genius, the whole thing just tasted even better. The consistency of the goto is very thick and rich which makes me think it's so worth it for P95. It's also good for sharing ecause of the size. I just loved how it is freshly cooked and served hot, just a perfect meal for the cozy weather. 

TIP: To be able to enjoy this meal better, don't for get to add their special suka and bagoong sauce!


I also ordered TOKWA + MUSHROOM for P95 and OMYGOD it was freakin' delicious. The mushrooms were so garlicky and sauteed so well with a slightly chewy texture - I recommend this to be dipped to the vinegar and bagoong sauces to have a taste of heaven! 

INSIDER TIP: The owner was there and I was happy that she was willing to entertain questions. She told me that the base of the goto is made of turmeric which gives it the yellow color and gingery taste. So organic, awesome!


I also tried the TOKWA + BAGNET and the bagnet was just crispy, it wouldn't upset! The size of the side orders are also good for sharing but I decided not to share them cause I enjoyed it too much I want to eat it all by myself! Haha!


For my drink, I ordered their best selling PINEAPPLE HERB SLUSH for P75 and tried their SALABAT GINGER SLUSH for P75. I would just recommend the pineapple slush to anyone who loves something fresh and citrus. Best pang-tanggal umay after that goto. It's made with pineapple and mint leaves and perfectly pairs with the goto. The salabat was fine but I really don't like drinks infused with ginger so it wasn't that enjoyable for me.

Drinking Tips: It comes with Calamansi that is required to be squeezed onto the juice to add that kick and hint of sourness.


Their service water is placed in a KETTLE with the other condiments on the table, I find it witty! Haha! 


The Salabat Slush on the other hand is quite surprising. I hate Salabat, who doesn't hate anything with ginger? Salabat's are usually drunk with warm water and is believed to cure hoarse voice, mild cough etc. but in this version it's an ICED SALABAT DRINK, who would have thought of making it an iced drink right? I liked that they added a few teaspoons of sugar and tea, this is also made of organic turmeric and not the powdered version which make it taste less bitter than usual.


This place can be fully occupied during wee hours! Block Buster siya! 
Thumbs up to Goto Monster for changing my perception of Gotos! The meal line up made me drool. Just plain classic comfort food + good company = memorable dining experience!

GOTO MONSTER
245 Primo River St. Vito Cruz, Makati City Philippines

Contact Number: 09164002600
Email: gotomonster@yahoo.com


Goto Monster Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento

Popular Posts

Like my Page

Zomato

View my food journey on Zomato!