Flatterie, Mall of Asia

Tuesday, January 30, 2018


Flatterie is another brilliant creation by FOODEE Global Concept - the same team behind the famous Tim Ho Wan, Pound, Sunnies Cafe and Todd English. My amazement behind the concepts they bring here in Manila is immeasurable. They really bring up the game in the food industry!

I was invited by Ej Buñag a.k.a. #ilovetoeatph to attend the grand launch of Flatterie last Dec 2017, so this is already a late post. Sorry Ej!
Flatterie is located in Mall of Asia and offers freshly made flat breads and pastas. Flatterie is just beside Pound and the interior pretty much similar so it's just a choice between burger and pizza or pasta. It's like a win win situation cause both place serves good food! There were a lot of foodies during the launch and I was happy to see fellow Looloo reviewers present. Parang malaki reunion lang ang peg. Love it. I feel at home. 


The ambiance of Flatterie is very casual yet formal at the same time. The mood is very cozy but the interior and ambiance is very classy and sophisticated. The best of both worlds so as they say! I like the wooden furniture, the dim-lighting, warm lights, shiny decorative accents - everything just goes well together.

Flat Bread in the Making
FOOD 
They really served us almost everything on the menu but I will only post about those ones that I really liked. They spoiled us so much that night and I appreciate how fast they were able to serve our orders despite the queue. The chefs were giving us quick tossing shows in between so it's a good entertainment while waiting. 

Almost all the flatbreads were likeable but some tasted almost the same with others that it didn't make a mark. Here are the must tries when you visit. :)


Jalapeño Popper P180
Jalapeño Poppers 
Fried chilis stuffed with cheese and pepperoni serve with aioli
A perfect appetizer with just a bearable amount of spiciness.
Flatterie Bruschetta P180
Flatterie Bruschetta
Homemade bread topped with mushroom pesto, cream, diced tomato, onion, garlic and basil


Frito Misto & Potato Crispy P320
Frito Misto & Potato Crispy
Deep fried sampler with calamari, shrimp and Flatterie potato
Vongole

Vongole
Truffle Pasta
Truffle Pasta | P220 Selfie ; P320 Groupie
Spaghetti finished with parmesan, egg yolk and truffle salsa
I almost fell in love with their truffle pasta but I find it to watery or shall I say soupy? The consistency of the sauce gave the dish a blunt taste. It's as if they didn't strain it well and all the water was still there! I can only smell the truffle but I can't seem to taste it. I liked how they cooked the pasta though - al dente. The mushrooms were also a pretty decoration on top, haha!

Mac & Cheese
Mac & Cheese | P250 Selfie; P350 Groupie
Macaroni in a rich cream sauce with mozzarella and parmesan cheese

The best Mac and Cheese that I've ever tried in my entire existence. Well, this is only applicable during the night of the launch cause went I went back the 2nd time around with my boyfriend, it tasted different. 
It was so creamy and light, there were hints of saltiness from the cheese which was perfect and they didn't over season the dish.

2nd Visit: I dragged my boyfriend to dine here cause he is a mac and cheese fan. Plus blame PMS! Haha! Mac and cheese and hinahanap ng puso ko. I kept telling him that he won't be disappointed on their mac and cheese, kaya sugod away to MOA. When our orders came gawd I felt so embarrassed cause it tasted so far from the first time that I've tried it. MAY SPARKS AT FIREWORKS yung first bite ko. I think that everyone in the event would agree na masarap siya. But during my 2nd visit... It was blunt, under-cooked and very dry. Tingin palang ayaw mo ng kainin. Konti konti lang yung cheese and we even had to request for an additional seasoning, kahit hindi na cheese, kahit salt nalang kasi wala kaming malasahan. 

Truffle Flatbread
Truffle Flatbread | P220 Selfie ; P330 Groupie
Truffle cream, mozzarella and parmesan
Anything with truffle is my weakness. When the aroma of the truffle inside the restaurant scattered everywhere I just had to follow where it was coming from. I stood up from my chair and literally looked for it... voila I was right! The table beside us ordered a Truffle Flat Bread and a Truffle Pasta and because I got jealous I ordered one for our table too cause it was just so irresistable. 
I liked the simplicity of the Truffle Pasta which had zero toppings on top. Simple yet very appetizing and tasty, a perfect pair for wine as well. On the other hand the pasta was just okay. It was very watery or soupy, ang labnaw ng sauce to the point na hindi mo na malasahan yung buong dish. 128546 I think this could be improved though.

Carbonara Flatbread
Carbonara Flatbread | P200 Selfie ; P300 Groupie
Bacon, cream and egg with black pepper and parmesan cheese
This is probably the safest one to order cause all the ingredients are familiar and good. What could go wrong with bacon right? Ordered this during my 2nd visit and the quality was pretty consistent. Simply good. Nothing to complain about!
The presentation is something I'd like to commend to, it's very very appetizing! 
Roast Beef Flatbread
US Angus Roast Beed Flatbrea | P270 Selfie ; P370 Groupie
US Angus Roast Beef with cilantro and crispy onion
I like the savoriness of this flavor. Kulang nalang rice, pwedeng pwede na, may nanalo na! It reminds me of bistek in flatbread form. It has a little hint of sweetness from the onions which complimented the saltiness of the beef well.
INDULGENCE P890
INDULGENCE
Probably one of the most eye-catchy flatbreads served during the night. Indulgence is made with truffled steak and foie gras with parmesan & onion. I'm not a fan of foie gras because of the after taste it possess but because of the truffle steak which was really good it really balanced the overall taste of the dish. Pinasarap niya! The onions added a crunchy texture to it. The is the most expensive one on the menu. It's priced at P890 available only in LARGE size which I probably would never spend for using my own money. 


Ice Cream Puff P220 - Groupie

Ice Cream Puff
Fresh baked Profiterols filled with Vanilla Ice Cream and topped with chocolate sauce
They only have few desserts on the menu and this is probably the one that I like the most. Nothing too extravagant but the best pang-alis umay after all the savoriness from the flatbreads. Just the perfect amount of sweetness!
S'mores Flatbread P270 - Groupie
S'more Flatbread
Chocolate, marshmallows and crusted grahams

FOODIE ICED TEA P90I love Foodee's signature iced tea. It's not your typical house blend iced tea and has a hint of calamansi taste, slight bitterness then sweetness at the end.Among other pizza places I've been to I think this one is a must visit for its uniqueness. The flat breads are a stand out! Everything on the menu is affordable. The place has its own personality and the ambiance just really sets the mood for a good chit-chat. #AFFORDABLELUXURY

FLATTERIE
Flatterie Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 (mga) komento

Popular Posts

Like my Page

Zomato

View my food journey on Zomato!